Monday, September 7, 2015

Back to School 2015!



Here I am - all smiles on the first day of school!  (I didn't take a photo on at the end of the week.  You would have seen how tired I was!!)  I read somewhere that "there is no tired like teacher tired."  I'm sure that is true!  Especially when said teacher has 3 young kids and a photography business and church commitments! :)

All that aside, I am really excited about this school year. My classroom was all put together and ready for Back to School Night - and I wasn't even throwing things into the closet at the last second!

Here are a few photos of my room so far:

View from the front of the room
My desk area - the Hello Kitty collection keeps growing!
I added curtains this year (thanks so much to our amazing custodian, Mr. Bob for hanging the curtain rod!) and Mrs. Jensen made my fluffy poof-ball!
My information board and standards board.  (My daughter drew the side-ways dragon at the front of the room!)

My growing collection of school pennants - I'm trying to get one from all the schools my former students are attending.  (I don't have anyone at the University of Dayton or Indiana University yet - my brother works for UD and the IU pennant is mine!)

Like I said, I am looking forward to this year.  My classes are fairly large (30, 29, and 27) but the kids are great so far.  I can't wait to share all the great things we accomplish this year!

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring! I will be checking in often to see what you, your students, and your own children are doing.

    ReplyDelete